It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Welcome
Welcome to nwnationalists

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: THE HEADHUNTER
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Reading the book The Headhunter by Michael Whitehouse and right now am just over half way through it. Bought it electronically for my Amazon Kindle.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/THE-HEADHUNTER/dp/B0050YYMVY/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305733080&sr=1-13

The book tells the story of a small group of nationalists who have declared their own armed revolution against the political correctness of the UK government. Set in London the dialogue is very typical of the place. It's an exciting read, a fast moving account and one with material that might possibly offend Jews and liberals.

PS I saw the book advertised on WhiteNewsNow by ironwand (aka Jack Black on SF).

BTW: You can read the first three chapters on http://headhunter60.blogspot.com/2011/04/headhunter.html

Last edited by ADMIN on Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted unnecessary question.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: THE HEADHUNTER
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:57 am 
Site Admin

Looking on Stormfront I see Jack Black's thread on his book 'The Headhunter' has caused some conflict with a mod claiming JB was spamming SF's forums. Looks like JB is packing SF in and moving elsewhere.
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t802214/

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 pm 

JiB wrote:
Looking on Stormfront I see Jack Black's thread on his book 'The Headhunter' has caused some conflict with a mod claiming JB was spamming SF's forums. Looks like JB is packing SF in and moving elsewhere.
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t802214/

From the post here http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t802214-2/#post9236442 it seems that Jack Black himself is the author.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 pm 

Is he a Chelsea fan ?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:02 am 
Site Admin

leyther wrote:
Those e book readers look pretty good; I used an ipad the other day. Much better than using a lappy as you don't start to become cross-eyed after a few chapters.

Another advantage, over normal books, is that there's an on-line dictionary.

Can anyone recommend one?

The Kindle that I use has a built in dictionary (since it's not on-line).
The only on-line dictionary I ever use is the Merriam-Webster one.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:56 pm 

JiB wrote:

I bought my daughter a Kindle last Christmas, also, the leather case with retractable light, and she's very pleased with them.

I was interested in one for myself, as I've hundreds of large pdf's which I could select from and read while travelling. Unfortunately, the pdf conversion put the documents I tested into a format that was awful, so I didn't bother.

The Kindle is considered better than the others and is very readable, but they need to sort out the pdf function.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Henry wrote:
JiB wrote:

I bought my daughter a Kindle last Christmas, also, the leather case with retractable light, and she's very pleased with them.

I was interested in one for myself, as I've hundreds of large pdf's which I could select from and read while travelling. Unfortunately, the pdf conversion put the documents I tested into a format that was awful, so I didn't bother.

The Kindle is considered better than the others and is very readable, but they need to sort out the pdf function.

There is a larger 9.7" Kindle which would present pdf's a bit better.
Actually, I think, the pdf's are not converted but displayed as they are.
Unfortunately, it lies in the nature of pdf's, when they are created from other documents, that nearly all of the formatting is removed and the whole presented in a 'picture' format, (even though the text can be 'read').

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:38 pm 

JiB wrote:
Henry wrote:
JiB wrote:

There is a larger 9.7" Kindle which would present pdf's a bit better.
Actually, I think, the pdf's are not converted but displayed as they are.
Unfortunately, it lies in the nature of pdf's, when they are created from other documents, that nearly all of the formatting is removed and the whole presented in a 'picture' format, (even though the text can be 'read').

Conversion is via Amazon, John.

It's no good to me as I can't read pdf's comfortably with this device. Too much messing and still it won't be right.

Here's the kind of thing I'm talking about and it can get a lot worse than this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlZ9cqjzOik[/youtube]

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

My one is the Kindle 2 for which Amazon originally had no pdf conversion so it cannot be directly selected on my unit. After checking it out, however, I see I can do this 'conversion' via an email connection. Actually the conversion is the removal of any blank page area around the text and allowing the text size to be adjusted which is useful for my old eyes. Thanks for putting me on to it. :hat:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:20 pm 

JiB wrote:
My one is the Kindle 2 for which Amazon originally had no pdf conversion so it cannot be directly selected on my unit. After checking it out, however, I see I can do this 'conversion' via an email connection. Actually the conversion is the removal of any blank page area around the text and allowing the text size to be adjusted which is useful for my old eyes. Thanks for putting me on to it. :hat:

I had a look at that 9.7 Kindle yesterday. While it's obviously not gonna fit in your pocket it does look like it might handle pdf well.

It doesn't seem to be available outside of America even though Kindle said they'd make it so this year.

There are some being sold on ebayUK. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=kindle+9.7&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Report this post